Saturday, August 06, 2005

Yep that's a gun.

Hey so I shot a gun yesterday! Not just once... 68 times. That was enough to make my shoulder sore today.

Well to tell you the rest of the story, this was for a sporting clays tournament with Dad - also known as skeet shooting. It was pretty much my first time shooting a gun ever, I mighta shot one once before when I was little but I can't really remember so I guess it doesn't count. I shot a big ole 12 out of 50 targets yesterday, but it was really really fun! To put this in perspective, the best person on our team shot 37. But it was pretty cool, I'd definitely do it again, and it was fun hanging out with my dad for most of the day.

Now in direct contrast with the whole shotgun thing, after the tournament we went up to Brevard for Bethany's final concert. It was really amazing! First, we got to drive up in the mountains to get there and then the concert was in this mostly-open concert hall so you could hear birds and crickets during the concert. It really made me reflect on God and His amazing creation - how everything He does just works together so well. And then to top that off, the music just sort of reflected all that - how all the instruments blended together and I mean I know they always do that but it just especially struck me last night. And if you ever get the chance to hear The Pines of Rome, do not pass that chance up. That was the final piece and it was just incredible.

And then to make such a great day even better, when we got home Emily was here too, and we haven't all 5 been together in a couple months.

But that's enough for now! Hope you're not bored yet. :)

No comments: